As a Local Authority Maintained School, St Michael's follows the National Curriculum.
Our School Curriculum will:
- Be enjoyable, engaging, exciting and memorable.
- Give children the knowledge and skills to be successful learners.
- Teach about different traditions and cultures and respect for one another.
- Teach us to be proud of ourselves, our families and our communities.
- Provide challenge and promote resilience.
- Teach empathy and encourage well-being.
- Enable children to be confident readers, writers and mathematicians and to be curious about the world around them.
Curriculum Design and Coverage
Our focus must be:
- a well thought-out, knowledge-led curriculum
- a curriculum that also promotes mastery of skills, whilst allowing pupils opportunities.
- a curriculum that revisits topics to embed and reuse knowledge and skills acquired as part of the scheme of following a knowledge-rich, expert-led curriculum.
If you would like a greater understanding of the school curriculum please contact Miss Hemmings on telephone no: 0118 901 5550 or email: email@example.com
Alternatively, please take a look at the Year Group pages